What have you purchased recently?

I got an ifi micro iDSD Black Label. I really like it so far but even on normal gain and ultra sensitivity iematch I can barely get to noon with my 250ohm DT770 and with iematch off I can’t get past 10 o’clock. I had a very similar problem with my xd-05 where I could barely get to noon even on low gain. Do I just listen at surprisingly low volume or are these both just really loud amps?

11 Likes

Its dumb loud. Like I do listen quiet but even for headphones that eat gain for breakfast like hd800s i basicaly listen at the lowest settings and volume just above the channel imbalance level

2 Likes

What do you think?

Welp, after working my brain back and forth I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on an Allnic hpa-3000gt, my 1st tube amp! As tempting as that EC studio b listing was, I decided to go for the option that suited my situation better (plus it was already sold as expected).

Thanks to @M0N for the recs/advice, @Towa for the EC listing, and @rgdelato for the extra info about the amp! Looking forward to hearing it when it arrives. I’ll be posting what I think about it on the dedicated thread.

8 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your impressions

4 Likes

That goes double for me! I’m super-excited to hear how you like it with the VC and Utopia! :smiley:

1 Like

Bought some X00 pads. This was the bass response I was expecting from the TH900’s out of the box from what I was being told. We’ll see if comfort is an issue once my Lawton Purpleheart cups arrive in a couple weeks.

15 Likes

Presented without comment

23 Likes

Pacific ganggggggggggggggg Will be curious to hear your thoughts of course lol

9 Likes

Oh boix, if M0N still owns it then it must be good…

2 Likes

Finally got my clears after so much wanting, thanks @rgdelato is the true mvp

15 Likes

Hey, I can see the power button peeking.

4 Likes

Yes that’s how I found it after turning it on with the remote.
For those not in the know the power button is on the bottom of the DAC at the front, in the image you can see the ubiquitous Lampizator circle around it reflected in the table.

6 Likes

I have a DAC with matching colors. That must count for something…

9 Likes

Those toobs are gorgeous, nice!

2 Likes

Ohhhhh my….

AiAiAi C15 cable, nice girth to it, flexible and only few microphonics.

Teenage Engineering M-1 (similar form factor as Porta Pros, I doubt there are more similarities than that, but I’ll report back at some point)

Earpads, various 6.3mm connectors and a not shown 5m coil of Sommer SC 22

9 Likes

I still can’t wait to hear impressions and his short one liner was already mind blowing

2 Likes

Rubber stands and M4 screws. I attached them using the vesa mounts on my RNHP so that it can sit on top of the Gustard which gets a little hot sometimes and needs the airflow. Also it just adds to the retro thing it has going on. That’s kind of the main reason to be honest :grinning:

14 Likes

This is my 3rd day with a lent lcd X and 2nd with my clears and I been listening to them non stop, the lcd x changed my perspective on how good planars are, the clear mg I think I like just a bit more than the x.

15 Likes