What have you purchased recently?

The box is litteraky wider than my table

Only like 4 songs in but they sound cool so far tbh. Very large stage and at least solid technicaly. I think the FR is cursed but in a good way. Need way more time to properly judge texture and detail.

Also, fit is like hd800s. They basicaly have horrible fit bit yhey are so light with so little clamp (just enough to not move, but realy just the minimum) i completely forget they are on my head.

EDIT: also, this box cost them $10 absaoute tops. Its all flocked thin vaccum formed plastic (the stuff that cracks and gets nasty fast) instead of actual foam. That one kind of annoyed me tbh

EDIT2: I can 1000% see myself keeping these as work cans. Some of my lofi work music came on and it was vast and grand like a big staging tube amp on hd800s but with some actual bass rumble

12 Likes

Got the last thing I had in the mail today

Ty for sale @FiCurious and the awesome packing job @Littledrummerboy

21 Likes

I got these in yesterday on loan, I just started listening earlier tonight paired with my bottlehead crack and damn I really like them lol The wide stage and unique presentation that everyone talks about is definitely interesting. I’m gonna be using them while I game here in a bit, another usecase people seem to really like these for… I have to say they are super comfortable.

17 Likes

Got my first pair of passive speakers, no name $40 sonys supposedly made in japan, nice to have while I save for the klipsch rp600m.

Sweet warm sound, terrible bass extension, gonna look for a sub to help them.

Also got these emus and other stuff from @Kron and @mochi, very nice fellows.

16 Likes

The bamboo were my favourite to use on my d2000, they’re real nice

1 Like

Norne Drausk Lite cable for my Auteur finally arrived (I ordered it on August 4th). It is very nicely built and it was packaged extremely well.

15 Likes

Looks like it was worth the wait.

Very Nice!

I hope so. From a build standpoint, it was worth it for sure.

Also a quick follow up on the new Diana V2 pads…

I have spent the past week or so with the new Diana V2 pads. I just switched to the old pads to see if the differences were still what I observed on the first few days of getting the new pads. My oberservations hold up pretty well. I still say that the increase in the lower mids really helps the DV2 sound a tiny bit more weighty and less lean, but without truly changing the entire signature as a whole. Even if the new pads seal (in stock position), they seem to add a bit more bass than the old pads in comparison. Only negative with the newer pads…if they aren’t broken in and you don’t use the stock pad position, they aren’t very comfortable. They are less shallow than the old pads, so without break-in, they are pretty stiff and cumbersome.

3 Likes

Great Cable!

Did you happen to notice that their zip tie resembles anything? Once you see it you always will.

2 Likes

That is one of the first things I noticed. I put it back in the nice bag that came with the cable…out of sight, out of mind, lol.

1 Like

Any recommendations for breaking in the pads quicker than just normal wear?

Without damaging them or leaving them permanently mis-shaped, probably just working them in with your hands a bit. But I use the pads in the stock position, so I haven’t had to worry about any comfort issues.

1 Like

A very efficient way to get around in plus I get a bit more activity, it’s actually quite a workout on the thighs.

11 Likes

Just bought a DHC Compliment C with all the upgrades in mini xlr for my verite closed.

I was able to find a sick deal for over 50% off, this one comes with the prion signature sleeving, 3d printed stainless steel helix split and the eidolic peerless XLR 4pin upgrades.

12 Likes

Pretty stuff

yes and it beats waiting 2 months through his backlog and i also saved 400 bucks in the process so that is a win

A budy let me try his at canjam and headphones.com gave me a better price than any dealer has quoted me yet so I just surrendered the card

19 Likes

What was the rest of the chain?

1 Like

The chain that made me buy? P6P → Hypsos/Oor → sus. Now I’m on 13r. Hpsos/oor feels like a clean detail monster but I think the naturalness of 13r (and the fact that it knocks a hair off the brightness) may be winners for me

7 Likes