What have you purchased recently?

Would totally be down.

1 Like

So far so good and soundtrack is great story is as heavy/melancholic as the first. So far story wise not as strong as second l. But it’s still a pretty good life is strange game so far. Will say far less cringey as the first.

I didn’t mind the cringey-ness too much. It was, how can I put this… it was very, very teenage girl. The drama! The life or death of it all! The romantic suffering! I could relate :laughing:

3 Likes

If you end up moving on from the GH, I’m calling dibs first :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol I only criged cause a lot of my friends were just liked them when we were kids.
Not saying I was too different lol.

1 Like

I’d never played but started about a year before Covid and then did it virtual with some friends until earlier this year. It actually scales well for virtual play… but you don’t get the fancy die! :wink:

So this arrived. I had some saved up loyalty points with Audiophonics and not a huge desire to buy much from there in the near future. The price has also dropped by about 20% with them so it was pretty bargain.

MT-602. I wanted this as I have never heard a tube amp and have no options to hear some one else’s and this seemed like a very cheap way to find out what kinds of things they do. We’re talking broad brush strokes not quality. I also had them send me some GE tubes but these sound pretty identical to the stock so I shall keep them for a rainy day.

I’ve been playing with it and so far I have found that this thing is a bit hit and miss. Didn’t like its own headphone amp so I have it set up as an optional pre-amp. The more resolving and detailed the amp and headphones it plays into the less effect it has. On my RNHP it was pretty pointless. On my Gustard it was interesting but I think now the effect was lost in the Gustard’s own sound signature. This evening I decided for some laid back listening and have a 70s playlist playing, listening with my HE400i 2020 headphones using my Emotiva A100. This is nice. No detail mismatch, just nice synergy of warm groove.

So I think it works best if used via gear that is going to be forgiving to music that isn’t phenomenally well recorded. Then it’s fun! Definitely Saturday evening listening stuff. Makes me curious to hear a better tube amp.

9 Likes

Lol. I read a lot of light novels. Sometimes I hit an MC that reminds me of my cringy ass past so much I have to just drop the book and read something else :joy:

2 Likes

from what I hear doing a slight tube upgrade does improve them (havent heard them myself). but they are a cheap tube amp so they do have their downsides. am interested if they devlop into something better over time though

1 Like

The first of a couple bakoon packages comming in the next few weeks

16 Likes

Just got my new toys. Pretty quick shipping.

22 Likes

I like that blue a lot. So many headphones are so monotone, it’s nice to see a splash of colour. It’s muted enough to be subtle but covers enough to be bold.

3 Likes

I wish a company like d brand would come out with skins or some sort of acceories to make our gear more colorful or add personalization that isnt just cables. Im too damn lazy for actual DIY stuffbut would love to just add some sort of personalization my gear even if its just my more popular suff

5 Likes

Just arrived earlier today

23 Likes

Ooo, would love to hear your impressions

1 Like

Pictures incoming as promised

20 Likes

I’m likely getting a pair of Beyerdynamic 880s next month partly to enjoy modding them. I’ve planned a detachable cable. Now I’m thinking it might be fun to spray the cups with acrylic paint and lacquer. Acrylics should adhere well to that silver plastic.

6 Likes

You could sit there listening to music while working on some piece of listening gear. Does not get much better than that!

1 Like

New Abyss Diana V2 pads just arrived. They are pretty different from the previous version pads. I took a picture of them side by side for comparison.

13 Likes

So far, in my 10 minutes of listening…

The shape of the part of the pads that makes contact with your head and ears isn’t flat, it is semi-rounded a bit, so it is actually harder to get a seal. There is more room inside for the ears and I feel like it is a sonic improvement. It pushes the stage out a tiny bit which is nice. Bass sounds maybe the tiniest bit more extended, but that may be because the seal is harder to get on these pads. The mids and treble I am still listening to for differences…trying to tune in hard and actively listen. But to me, it sounds like the most noticeable improvement is lower mids seem to be brought up a tiny bit. They are more linear with the middle and upper mids now.

7 Likes