UM high end iem thread, MEST / Indigo / Mirage / Mentor / Mason FuSang & Fabled

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING HELL, MEST IS FUCKING MAGIC. LOVE THE PRESENATION, IT’S SO SPACIOUS. THE ANDROS FEEL CONGESTED IN COMPARISON, OMG THE DETAIL AND TONAL BALANCE AND LAYERING OF DETAILS IS SO GOOD

2 Likes

Yes, I have read and heard that time and again. Dang, much dinero leaving my wallet soon it seems.

1 Like

So I had both but not at the same time. While S8F was very solid set I was not super impressed with timber and bass. not entirely fair comparison since Mest is much more expensive. it is on another level with detail and presentation, and I like more timber and bass on it. I have to say also that I am not very treble sensitive and I did not find S8F to be a detail monster. maybe I just did not pay enough attention at that time.

I let more experienced and articulated member to chime in and compare both

2 Likes

Playlist that shows off mest staging

https://tidal.com/playlist/79dadc0e-901b-494a-a5a7-885f1f09c71d

Also look up JJ Lin “A song for you till the end of time”

1 Like

Don’t want to say I told you so, but I’d assume you now see that tubeless isn’t always the way to go lol

2 Likes

TUBES ARE THE WAY TO GO BABYYYYYY

GOTTA TELL TWOCAP BEFORE HE THROWS THE SARDA AWAY

2 Likes

LOL, can’t say I’ve heard the other IEM you mentioned. I can say that the Mest is a beast, but I also can’t say I listen to any rock so not sure what would be best for that or what type of requirements you got there for it.

That I wonder about, feels like it might be an issue if that’s the case. Sounds to me like you need something that kinda smooths that stuff out and the mest is the opposite.

1 Like

Oh dang

1 Like

Fwiw I’ve never had that “too much detail” issue with mest. One of the reasons I keep my set around is because it makes my 90s punk that was recorded in a hollowed out beer can mic sound awesome

2 Likes

I was listening to some Dream catcher which is the closest thing to rock I have lol, I mean here’s the thing does it make things sound awesome? YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, but it’s precisely the treble energy that has been more fatiguing than alot of things that I’ve used before. Now then it’s also that treble energy that has been fucking addicting, anything I heard I was mind blown by it and contemplated buying a mest hahaha. But I would have to assume that maybe something more forgiving or more rich in the bottom would be better for rock but IDK, I DONT FUCKING LISTEN TO ROCK

1 Like

Dude it’s fucking sick, awesome iem. Still think the fit issue makes the Andros better for people with fit issues. My ears feels like they have been torn a new one, I mean don’t get me wrong it’s not too bad but they definitely feeling fatigued from the thicc rods gaping them

2 Likes

Worst part of this is that mk2 is legit 6 to 7 tiers better in the “my ear holes are being ripped appart” department than mk1 was

1 Like

Yeah most likely a no go for me if you are com0laining about fit and comfort

1 Like

Just FWIW, I dont realy have any issues on fit of mk2. Feel standard fit wise for any deeper fit iem (similar comfort to infinity mk2 and better than mad24). MK1 I 100% had an issue with but mk2 I did not

1 Like

That’s pretty nuts. I’m not the pickiest for fit but yeah not used to the bigger deeper tubes being inserted in the ear canal. More used to IEMs with shallow fit.

The way the mest fit reminds me of how I have to get the infinity mk2 to fit, you really need to have a deeper fit for it to sound like it should imo, both are pretty chunky lol

2 Likes

They say no pain no gain, guess fair enough.

Actually makes me want to try that Russian iem that figuratively forcefully tears you a new one, I wanna know what real pain is.

1 Like

That’s a different level of pain lol, it’s something I couldn’t get used to in the end

2 Likes

Every time I see an IEM thread, I remind myself how lucky I am to not have delved into that temptation. The easiest way to save 1/3 of your audio hobby money is to pick only two of the three; IEM, HP, 2-CH and call it a day.

3 Likes

It’s something I struggle with all the time. Sometimes I’m like, maybe I should save myself time/money and go all in on headphones. Other times I’m like, maybe I should just stick with IEMs and 2 channel and skip headphones. It eats me alive. It’s the only hobbie I have that actually gives me any negatives as I face negative sides of me. While things like running, kickboxing and photography generally feel like pure improvements and positives (i used the word generally, because as I was writing that I realized that it’s not true as I have felt in the past that doing kickboxing or more intense excersises like sprints etc actually took out a more intense side of me. A part of me that I don’t like.)

1 Like