General Headphone Help/Discussion Thread

Im sorry I correct my statement: are no good compared to under 1k options like the focal clear or ananda stealth

Thanks! You really noticed something crucial here, ill ask again

1 Like

What audeze LCD/MM headphones have the best treble presence/detail that are not LCD 5?? That you have heard

Utopia question
Im selling my clears to fund utopias, but clearly my gear is not there yet

What are some cheaper amps that could start to show utopias true resolution??

Not to be a party pooper but personally I find resolution and detail performance really begin at the source and then DAC which then allow you to hear what your HP and amp are capable of.
It has been my personal experience that the more I clean up my source as far as digital is concerned the detail and resolution I get at my transducers and HP seems to be affected. This includes but is not limited to streaming software and sources, album/track recording quality, cabling, DAC character; quality and performance abilities.
In my experience the background blackness, space between instruments, quality of jitter control, quality of source noise suppression all seem to allow my HP’s to scale to their maximum performance providing for enhanced listening pleasure.
In summation I find the amplifier is the least impactful product on certain character traits and I am constantly surprised at just how good many HP’s and speakers perform when you maximize their input.
Food for thought, not looking to hinder your search for the HP’s that provide you maximum joy and performance characteristics you crave :hugs:

6 Likes

I hear you, the perfomance might just get were I want it when I get the exogal comet+ and I could be satisfied, but alternatively maybe it wont be enough as I plan to keep using the soloist for a long time with this headphone. (its a good match)

Im also looking to get a ddc, conditioner and upgraded cables afterwards.

Yes, I believe thats precisely what im trying to do, Im about to finish setting up my gear I dont think the lcd 2.2pf will cut it even after I finish.

What im looking for is a slightly different headphone, a more advanced one with different presentation which I have decided on the LCD3pf, BUT WHO KNOWS, maybe the exogal alone could fix all the problems I have with it. Only future will tell.

1 Like

I wish I could better speak to HP performance I own all the pieces you are speaking of. I just personally don’t get that into them and can’t speak to these fine details everyone talks about.

1 Like

but im sure there is also people who communicate just like you, and even me, I have gotten insanely great help from you, so I think you are doing enough.

The food for thought you made could change my opinion when I get the exogal comet!

1 Like

Fysa the 3pf is more technically proficient w/ a presentation that sets forth more upper frequency detail at the cost of some midrange soul and warmth.
I guess that yes, there is more proficiency capability being presented by the 3PF.

I just always looked at them as different HP’s that do their own thing really well. :+1:

3 Likes

Wow, thank you very much, sounds exactly like what im looking for!

Now more than ever its a must buy at some point.

Exactly my experience with the 3PF.

2 Likes

Would you say it has a colder, dryer sound?

1 Like

3pf sounds like it would be right up your alley if you can find one

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just because I’m coming from sus but I’ve been loving the mids tbh. Not 2c or r levels of lushness but realy realy texture forward which is awesome

3 Likes

Yay!! M0ns and esk approval

Im oficially on the hunt for a LCD 3 PF

2 Likes

You may want to consider an LCD-24, if that is is within your budget. I personally didnt like the 24 due to the treble, but I prefer warmer sound signatures. Based off of what you are looking for, the LCD-24 does make a lot of sense for you.

4 Likes

Well, the cost of the pre-fazor and the 24 isnt that far off, destiny will tell me what to buy when someone offers it

4 Likes

Haven’t heard the 3PF, but if you want more top end energy without losing the mids of the 2PF like what was mentioned of the 3PF, the 24 makes a lot of sense. The 24 is somewhat mid forward and a step up in technicalities from the 3PF afaik, but may take to amp pairings differently with the low impedance.

6 Likes

Actually Ive decided to go for the LCD 3pf even after this

The 24 is a godlike option too but its out of my budget

I dont mind losing some of the warmth and midrange of the lcd2pf if I win enough resolve, more top end and dryer sound, same bass or better.

Its going to be incredibly difficult to find this headphones :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This is exactly what I hear from the 3pf VS the 2pf. Little less lushness but keep the texture, then extend a bit more and thump a bit harder. Tbh these cans must have been mind blowing when they came out

2 Likes

They were lol, I remember hearing some of the first lcd 2 and I needed to have one right away lol, same with the lcd 3. But really those have been the only audeze to actually really impress me (specifically the older ones of course), up until the lcd 24, and even then it just didn’t have the magic of the aforementioned

3 Likes

I was just reflecting how difficult it was to get me the 2.2pf originally and I how much I loved them whn they arrived

Then I researched for the 3pf and asked several vendors, prices up the ass, no actual proof of them being PF, woods that looked questionable… no ty

Maybe ill get the 3pf of 24 later but my goal now is utopia.

With the 24 out of budget ill just follow nick’s advice and hope that exogal dac with the soloist can push that extra 5% I want

EDIT: in other words the LCD2pf might just be THE Audeze and I just havent realized

4 Likes