Ferrum Audio thread, Hypsos / Oor / Erco

There are 5 figure lab PSU’s if you do decide to give them a try :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Have you tried experimenting with different power cables on the HYPSOS @M0N?
I’d imagine there won’t be much of a difference there since HYP will be doing most of the work…

1 Like

It’s an improvement, although it’s not super big or anything, also really depends on the system, when I have it connected to something like a neve it’s likely something I wouldn’t worry about, although when I had it powering some of the higher end things I’ve tried it was more impactful where it could potentially be worthwhile worrying about

3 Likes

I heard it at can jam and definitely had low end slam that I was looking for on Susvara. I ordered one to hopefully displace the AHB2 I’m currently using. Probably another week of waiting.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

When you get yours in, will be very curious on impressions for sure

4 Likes

have you got your OOR in yet? I am very curious about your thoughts about this one

2 Likes

Not yet, I’ll let you know when I do

5 Likes

Did you buy yours from Vana or directly from Ferrum?

1 Like

Directly from ferrum

2 Likes

Ferrum lists the THD as “TO Be Annoumced.”

Doesn’t really matter, but it seems unnecessary, since all the measurements could be made at the same time. I’ve never seen that before. :laughing:

1 Like

Probably because they don’t have final units to measure, or didn’t when the web page was put together.

3 Likes

I was kind of tempted to pick up the combo but I guess it makes more sense to wait for M0N to get some impressions. At the end of the day those are polish guys just around the corner making it.

3 Likes

As am I.

In my self-deluded mind this becomes the “amp to beat all amps” and we all buy one before Ferrum raises the price. :grin:

6 Likes

You guys are getting me antsy for reviews so I can wait xx amount of time for them to be listed used.

4 Likes

So until M0N’s unit comes in all we can do is ponder whether that portion of the faceplate is real or simulated rust. :wink::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Simulated is my bet. There are ways to rust out a metal and seal it. I just dont think for a mass produced item theyre doing that and dealing with the acids.

Also that would be a decent chunk of iron or steel there.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right.

2 Likes

Welp I found this in a read.

For OOR, Ferrum uses Corten steel in combination with an anodized aluminium front.

2 Likes

Its oiled and presed cork. Feels pretty nice to the touch too

3 Likes

Is it cork? One of the reviews says its thst steel. But some pics looked like a cork. I would think cork would chip away too easy.

2 Likes